Monday, April 18, 2011

China Glaze Crackle Glaze





Hot pink creme crackle

Seen here over China Glaze Starboard, this color jumps off my fingertips. One of my surprise favorites of the collection, to be honest. I LOVE the way this looks. (I tried it layered over black as well—also super foxy)

Opacity scale (1-5): 4

Use for Konad: Not a good stamping polish. 

Finish: Crackle, 1 coat





Medium grey creme crackle

Seen here over China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy and an unknown yellow (I stuck with China Glaze so I'm guessing it was Happy Go Lucky? No idea. Anyway. I expected this color to be my favorite, and while I love it, some of the other stood out for me more. I do, however, adore this combination! (I got the idea from @chinaglaze on twitter.

Opacity scale (1-5): 4

Use for Konad: Not a good stamping polish. 

Finish: Crackle, 1 coat





Royal purple shimmer crackle

Shimmer?! Crackle? Amazing!  I truly enjoy the shimmer in this Crackle Glaze. It's definitely a welcome change from all the cremes. Seen here over China Glaze Life Preserver, I think this polish is a total winner!

Opacity scale (1-5): 4

Use for Konad: Not a good stamping polish. 

Finish: Crackle, 1 coat





white creme crackle

Seen here over China Glaze Hey Sailor!, this polish is radtastical. It was fairly opaque, applied easily, and most of all, crackled beautifully. My only concern with this one is that bolder colors may bleed through it, as I had to redo a few nails because the red polish streaked through a bit. All in all though, a great crackle white—MUCH better than the Cover Girl crackle white polish I have from years past.  

Opacity scale (1-5): 4

Use for Konad: Not a good stamping polish. 

Finish: Crackle, 1 coat


I have to say, I've been a fan of crackle finish nail polishes for years (ever since Cover Girl put them out in the 90s– I had those too!) These, however, are SO much better than those Cover Girl crackle polishes of decades past. They go on smooth, they crackle quickly, and they clean up really easily. My only regret with this collection is that I couldn't get my hands on Crushed Candy. (I ordered it, but my shipment never arrived, and by the time we got things sorted out, they were sold out online.) :(

A cool thing to keep in mind when applying these is that the polishes crack along the direction of the brushstroke, so for an interesting twist, try brushing side-to-side, on a diagonal, or maybe even curved?

So, what do you think about the crackle polish phenomenon?


Disclosure: Some, not all, of the polishes in the above post were sent to me by the manufacturer for review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment