Monday, June 6, 2011

Dreams by Neihule








Toned down silvery-gold foil

This polish was actually included in the 2011 Oscars gift bag!  It's a toned down, classy gold foil that gives a nice metallic sheen without being obnoxious. There are several colors out there that are very similar that have been released in the last year or so, Orly Luxe comes to mind, among others. 

Opacity scale (1-5): 3

Use for Konad: Stamps so-so on both lighter and darker colors. 

Finish: Foil, 2 coats to be opaque.






Clear base with gold and black glitter

This polish is densely packed with tons and tons of glitter! Because of all the glitter, it is a bit on the thicker side, but nothing totally unmanageable. I really like this polish, but I think when I wear it in the future I'll layer it over a black polish to camouflage the small bald spots (as you can see on the nail tips.)

Opacity scale (1-5): 2

Use for Konad: Does not stamp well.

Finish: Glitter, 2-3 coats to be relatively opaque.






Clear base with gold and copper glitter

This polish is starts off relatively sheer, but builds really nicely, and is super sparkly- a nice warm gold glitter!

Opacity scale (1-5): 2

Use for Konad: Does not stamp well.

Finish: Glitter, 3-4 coats to be relatively opaque.






I really like this color, it applies wonderfully, and has great pigmentation. It reminds me of zombies...I think that is a good thing. :-D

Opacity scale (1-5): 3

Use for Konad: Stamps fairly well on lighter colors, but not as well on darker colors. 

Finish: Creme, 2 coats to be opaque.






Though on the sheerer side, this polish has a touch of gold that seems to make the polish glow from within. It's a gorgeous metallic olive color, and if you're a green lover, I recommend it!

Opacity scale (1-5): 1.5

Use for Konad: Stamps so-so on lighter colors, but not well on darker colors. 

Finish: Metallic, 3-4 coats to be opaque. (shown with 3)


What it really comes down to...

This sampling of polishes I've shown only begins to touch the surface, there are several beautiful colors that are part of this brand's line, and as a bonus, each comes with a rainbow ribbon with an inspirational saying on it. The glitters that I got to try were fairly densely packed and easy to apply, and I drooled a little over Glamtastic when I first got it. SO pretty!

Dreams by Neihule can be found online at Dreams by Neihule for $12.00 per bottle. 

Disclosure: Products in this email were sent to me by the manufacturer for review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment