Saturday, October 2, 2010

Zoya Fire & Ice






Zoya Valerie

Red based purple, fuchsia, red and gold sparkle.

This polish is gorgeous, and reminiscent of Milani Totally Cool, but way more opaque with a redder base. I was shocked at how opaquely and evenly this applied. One of the sure stand-outs in the collection!

Opacity scale (1-5): 4

Use for Konad: Stamps well on lighter colors, but you still stamp get the sparkle on the darker bases for a subtle effect. Sponges well to make gradients.

Finish: Sparkle, 2 coats to be opaque.




Zoya Sarah

Beautiful ruby-red sparkle.

I couldn't imagine a more perfect holiday red. Think China Glaze Ruby Slippers on steroids, this polish has densely-packed ruby sparkle that I felt like Dorothy's ruby slippers were on my nails. This definitely has a tiny, tiny lean toward the fuchsia-y red side, and is a tad cooler (and more opaque) than Ruby Slippers. I couldn't even capture CLOSE to the amount of sparkle it actually gives off. I'd suggest getting a Zoya Color Spoon for this one.

Opacity scale (1-5): 3.5

Use for Konad: Stamps well on lighter colors, but you still stamp get the sparkle on the darker bases for a subtle effect. Sponges well to create gradients.

Finish: Sparkle, 2 coats to be opaque.



Zoya Lisa

Candy-apple red sparkle, with a tinge of hot pinkness.

Such a glowy red! Lighter than Sarah, and definitely warmer, with a hot pink and gold sparkle to it. Super pretty and wearable- even for someone who doesn't wear reds or pinks- I actually love this!

Opacity scale (1-5): 3

Use for Konad: Stamps well on lighter colors, but you still stamp get the sparkle on the darker bases for a subtle effect. Sponges well to create gradients.

Finish: Sparkle, 2 coats to be opaque.




Zoya Gloria

Rose, gold, and pink/silvery foil with some red reflects.

Gloria? How about GLORI-OUS!? Definitely not a pink person, but for some reason I love this polish- I love the gold reflects, and subtle duochromeness of the polish. For you MAC addicts out there, in my mind this looks like Rose pigment, though I think I sold mine, because I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Opacity scale (1-5): 2.5

Use for Konad: Stamps so-so on lighter colors, but you can still stamp get the sparkle on the darker bases for a subtle effect. Amazing for sponging gradients.

Finish: Foil, 3 coats to be opaque.





Zoya Tiffany

Peachy, pink, and pale coppery foil with gold sparkle.

Another pink that I could (and would) wear. As soon as I took this out of the box I was enamored (and then enameled) with it. I think I love it because it is SO warm, sparkly, and not so...pink? :)

Opacity scale (1-5): 2.5

Use for Konad: Stamps so-so on lighter colors, but you can still stamp get the sparkle on the darker bases for a subtle effect. Great for sponging gradients.

Finish: Foil, 3 coats to be opaque.





Zoya Crystal

Light sky-blue foil with gold flakes.

This polish is gorgeous. Hands down favorite of this collection for me. It LOOKS like ice crackles. I adore the gold in it, it contrasts off the blue so well! I love that the foil particles of the blue and gold are very different in size, it makes for a lovely texture on the nail.

Opacity scale (1-5): 3.5

Use for Konad: Stamps so-so on lighter colors, but you can still stamp get the sparkle on the darker bases for a subtle effect. Amazing for sponging gradients.

Finish: Foil, 3 coats to be opaque.




Overall, I double-heart this collection. In my nature, I'm not much for reds, pinks (unless shockingly hot pink or neon), but these are colors that I would actually WEAR. They're great winter and holiday colors, but seeing as I'm not one for seasonal polish changes, I'd wear these puppies all year round. If you like sparkle and awesome, this collection is for you, too!

The application for me was super easy and smooth- no streaking, and they actually dried really fast, and despite all the sparkle and foil, very SMOOTH. The removal surprised me as well, and was VERY easy, even with all the foil particles, though I did I have sparkle on my fingers, which was easily removed with a good hand-washing. :-D Another thing that is great about this collection is how well they work to sponge gradients, especially the foils, I used Zoya Crystal to sponge a gradient over dark grey for a super-chic, simple look as one of my daily designs, Gilded Gradients!

It's pretty rare for me to like an ENTIRE collection, and even when I first saw the color plate for this at CosmoProf, I wasn't as thrilled as when I actually got it on my nails. This collection gets a super A+ from this redhead.

4 comments:

  1. Crystal is my favorite, for sure; so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany and Sarah are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie and Tiffany are definetly my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!!! I almost had the big O from looking at them LOLOL I adore glittery things!

    ReplyDelete