Wednesday, May 18, 2011

OPI Blue Shatters




Turquoise shimmer Shatter over OPI Houston We Have a Purple

This polish is AH-mazing. It's pretty in the bottle yes, it's pretty indoors, but outdoors in the sunlight is where it really shines, shimmers, and glows. It's stunning. Truth be told, it's pretty much what I wanted Austin-tacious Turquoise to be. I LOVE this Shatter, it's really beautiful.

Opacity scale (1-5): 4

Use for Konad: Not good for stamping, dries too fast and, obviously, shatters. ;)

Finish: Shatter, 1 coat. 





Electric Blue Shimmer Shatter over OPI Don't Mess With OPI

This polish is totally eighties, and I mean that in the best way possible. It's super glowy and seems lit from within. I'll admit it wasn't my favorite of the three, but it is still something awesome that I WILL use!

Opacity scale (1-5): 4

Use for Konad: Not good for stamping, dries too fast and, obviously, shatters. ;)

Finish: Shatter, 1 coat. 





Dark Navy Creme Shatter over OPI San Tan-tonio.

Initially I didn't think this color would stand out enough for me, but with the combination of the tan, I really like it. It's kind of like denim and suede. I think this color has the ability to be really awesome or kind of boring, depending what you pair it with, so be careful! :-P

Opacity scale (1-5): 3.5

Use for Konad: Not good for stamping, dries too fast and, obviously, shatters. ;)

Finish: Shatter, 1 coat. 


What it really comes down to:

I know that some people are on the fence about Shatter/Crackle polishes, but most people love 'em or hate 'em. My two feet are firmly planted on the LOVE 'EM side. These Shatter polishes are vivid, unique, and awesome, and if you can get your hands on them, I'd totally recommend it!


Products in this post were provided to me by the manufacturer for review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment