Thursday, March 24, 2011

Zoya Sunshine Collection Swatches & Review


Part Deux of Zoya's Summer Collection: Sunshine: Sparkles


sparkle money shot! :)




Strawberry red with golden sparkle

SO pretty! This cool-toned red is gorgeous- the gold sparkle really sets off what COULD be a boring color. 

Opacity scale (1-5): 2.75

Use for Konad: Stamps so-so on lighter colors, but isn't terribly effective on dark colors.

Finish: Metallic/Sparkle, 2-3 coats to be opaque, depending on how thickly you apply it








Flamin' orangish red with golden sparkle

Regardless of whether or not you like reds, you can't say this is NOT a hot color. The gold sparkle marries very well with the warm, saturated red. Great color for a fiery personality!

Opacity scale (1-5): 2.5

Use for Konad: Stamps ok on lighter colors, but isn't terribly effective on dark colors.

Finish: Metallic/Sparkle, 3 coats to be opaque








Green (apple?!) with golden sparkle

Starting to sense a theme here with the gold sparkle?  I love how the golden sparkle plays across the surface of this polish, making it look like a sun dappled Granny Smith! This one totally looks opaque in person, but for some reason the camera picked up some translucence. 

Opacity scale (1-5): 2.25

Use for Konad: Don't stamp well on light or dark colors.

Finish: Metallic/Sparkle, 4 coats to be opaque






Coppery orange with golden sparkle

Still cold where you live? Snowing?! This color'll be sure to warm up your tips, I mean, look at the flakes of awesome in that bottle picture!!  For orange & sparkle lovers, it probably doesn't get better than this!

Opacity scale (1-5): 2.5

Use for Konad: Stamps so-so on lighter colors, but isn't terribly effective on dark colors.

Finish: Metallic/Sparkle, 3 coats to be opaque








Coral with tons of golden sparkle!

This was definitely one of the sparkliest of the collection - and (though I haven't compared them in real life, so please don't fault me) it seems like a highly intensified version of the beloved China Glaze Strawberry Fields. (think Strawberry Fields on sparkle crack!)

Opacity scale (1-5): 2.25

Use for Konad: Stamps so-so on lighter colors, but isn't terribly effective on dark colors.

Finish: Metallic/Sparkle, 3 coats to be opaque, could have done another coat.







Plum with intense golden sparkle

Why yes, I did save the best for last (doin' it all Vanessa Williams up in this place). Faye was an unexpected love. I must admit, while I do like weirdish variations on purples, etc., I wasn't all gaga over this polish when I saw it in the bottle. Don't get me wrong, it's obviously a pretty color in the bottle, but didn't personally excite me that much. Boy, was I wrong. This color is super sparkle city on the nail. Seriously, look at that sparkle shot- insane! While it doesn't feel like a 'summer' collection color to me so much, I still dig it, and will definitely get some wear out of it!  Go ZOYA!

Opacity scale (1-5): 2.5

Use for Konad: Stamps so-so on lighter colors, but isn't terribly effective on dark colors.

Finish: Metallic/Sparkle, 3 coats to be opaque


This half of the collection is definitely reminiscent of last year's Sparkle collection, I think the colors are beautiful, and even though I'm usually a diehard creme finish lover, the sparkle polishes take the cake in this collection, one hundred percent. The one thing I wasn't too stoked on is that they seemed to be a lot more translucent than the Sparkle collection, but perhaps that's all in my head.

All in all, this half of the collection is definitely a win in my book. Faye and Kimmy stand out as my favorites, with Rica and Reva as a close second, and pulling in last (but certainly not least) are Tanzy and Apple! There really aren't any so-so colors in this half- I'm diggin' all 6!

Disclosure: Products in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer for review. My opinions are my own.

7 comments:

  1. Uh oh, now I'm sorely tempted to go buy some of these. Thanks for the great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all so pretty! I'm of the mind that gold sparkle/shimmer makes almost anything better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've compared them in person, and Rica and ChG Strawberry Fields do not look that much alike at all. I didn't think they did in pictures, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanzy looks quite a bit like China Glaze Orange Marmelade. Does anyone know if they are dupish?

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't decide which one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review and your swatches are awesome, thanks for sharing! I think Faye and Apple are my favourites. ♥

    ReplyDelete